Car Insurance and Discounts for Young Drivers
Add a teen driver to your auto policy can be stressful. Not only do you worry about putting junior behind the wheel, you worry about the impact on your auto insurance. That’s why ERIE offers the Youthful Driver Discount. Eligible young drivers can save up to 20 percent on their car insurance.
Insurance Discount Eligibility*
- Your household must be without an at-fault car accident during the past five years.
- The young driver must be under 21 years old.
- The young driver must be unmarried.
- The young driver must have a driver’s license, not a learner’s permit.
- Erie Insurance must insure all cars in the household.
- The young driver must not drive a performance car
- The young driver must review safe driving habits with his or her ERIE Agent (waived for 19 and 20 year olds who have existing auto insurance policies with Erie Insurance).
Car Safety and Other Discounts
For more car safety and discount information, review:
For more information on car insurance for young drivers, contact your Erie Insurance Agent. Use the Agent locator to find a local agency.
*This car insurance discount varies by state.